Monday, April 12, 2010

Yes, it's Monday......

.....which, although isn't my favorite day, is a new start and a new week.  It's time to get busy on my new, healthy life and attitude and I'm pumped and ready to go!  My little bean gave her mama a Monday morning present and slept all night long, which is a first for my little eater.  So I'm feeling good and refreshed and started my morning right with a Jimmy Dean D-Lite breakfast sandwich (only 260 calories and surprisingly tasty) and my usual several cups of coffee, despite getting a full nights sleep.  Although I would have loved to get a run in this morning, that didn't work out, so the goal is to get it done tonight after the little ones are in bed.


Goals for today:


Run for 30 minutes
Stretch for 10 minutes
Stay at or below 1800 calories (still breastfeeding full time, so I still need the extra calories)
Get the laundry folded


I don't know about the rest of America, but I despise folding laundry, and end up throwing my clean clothes in piles throughout the house with the assumption that I will fold them when I get a second.  Usually that second never comes and the piles never seem to disappear......so I am making it another goal to keep up with the folding, despite my extreme hatred of the dreaded chore.


Dinner tonight:
Marinated chicken on the grill (using light Italian dressing for marinade)
Sauteed veggies (portabella mushrooms, green and red pepper, edamame) in some EVOO and fresh lemon juice
Rice pilaf


I really need to invest in a healthy living cookbook, I quickly run out of steam on the healthy eating when I make the same thing over and over again.  If anyone has any suggestions please share!

No comments: