Monday, June 2, 2008

Has it really come down to this?

......a vacuum cleaner??? I honestly never thought I would be so excited about a stupid vacuum cleaner, but there I was, pacing the floors, waiting for this little piece of heaven to arrive straight from God Himself, or, in more realistic terms, the UPS truck. My beautiful yellow Dyson is here and after several papercuts from ripping open the boxes, my floors are a beautiful shade of clean! Logan helped me clean the floors with the popcorn popper, aka his vacuum cleaner, and I am so amazed and slightly disgusted and the amount of crap picked up from my floors! I can sleep well tonight knowing that my floors will never be the same again and my children won't roll around on the carpet and swallow an obscene amount of dog hair at the same time (which, by the way, rolling on the carpet happens to be Colin's favorite passtime).


4 comments:

Jules said...

Oooh a Dyson, I am so jealous! I would totally shudder to see the amount of crap it would pull out my carpet. Yuck!!!

So glad you are blogging now!

Mary Ann said...

Yay for your new blog! I know totally what you mean about crap in the carpet. I have a vacuum where you can see what is coming into the filter too and it amazes me how much dust comes up out of the floor. Gross...but after vacuuming it does make me feel much better. I love clean floors!

Laura said...

Hooray!!! I'm so glad you joined the blogging world!

Congrats on the new Dyson! I'd love one of those. I don't vacuum nearly as much as I should. Although my baby isn't rolling yet, but just sits like a chubby bump on a log, so Colin's got him beat there! LOL What a cute pic!

Kristen said...

OMG, I can TOTALLY relate to this post. I was so anxiously awaiting my Dyson and since then, I think I vaccuum at least once a day! I LOVE it!!!!!!

And you're right, it's totally disgusting what that thing can pick up!