Thursday, April 8, 2010

Mediterranean Salmon Wraps

So lunches for me can get rather......bland, to say the least.  Throw in low fat and diet in there and you've got me itching for the nearest Chickfila or McDonald's, which sort of defeats the purpose of my whole healthy living journey.  And not exactly economical either.  So I've been on the lookout for good, healthy lunch ideas that keep me out of that drive-thru.  The following recipe has become one of my favorites and even my extremely picky hunny agrees, so it's really win-win in my house.

Mediterranean Salmon Wraps (courtesy of Ellie Krieger, Food Network Host for Healthy Appetite)


2 6oz packages of skinless, boneless salmon, well drained
1/4 c chopped fresh parsley
1/4 c chopped, pitted kalamata olives
1/4 c chopped red onion (I have also used shallots in place of the red onion and the result was still excellent)
2 T extra virgin olive oil
1/2 t finely shredded lemon peel
2 T fresh lemon juice
Dash of salt and ground pepper

Mix all ingredients together and serve with fresh spinach or romaine and sliced tomatoes on a whole wheat tortilla or whole wheat bread (had it both ways, prefer it on bread, but it's up to you how you like it best)

Each wrap contains:  259 cal, 13g fat, 25mg chol, 870mg sodium, 22g carbo, 11g fiber, 22g protein



No comments: