Thursday, April 8, 2010

Time for some changes....

So it's been awhile since I've blogged, so many changes and so little time left me few spare seconds to share my life in words and pictures. But it's time to change that and I have new motivation to not only put my days into words, but to get started becoming the new and healthier me. So I'm committing to using my blog for putting my healthiest face forward (refusing to use the phrase 'weight loss' and instead am choosing to use 'health-wise') and blogging about food diaries, exercise, and the dreaded pound. Hopefully this will keep me motivated to become the healthy, active person I've been striving to be for pretty much my entire adult life. Or at least since I've started having kids. And with that phase of my life done with (WHEW!), I have no more excuses.

My goals are to lose 30 pounds by October, 2010 and to train for a half triathlon to do in the early summer of 2011. Sounds easy, right? Heh, we'll see.....

Here are the resources that I will begin my journey with:


I'm sure there will be lots more to add as the weeks go by, but for now I'm starting simple and that's all I've got. Now the hard part starts......when to actually fit in exercise between kids, chores, Mr. Roach, and school.....if anyone has any tips for figuring that part out, please let me know!!

No comments: